Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dreams and Wishes for 2013


This year gallery artist Eileen Power dares to dream BIG! 


I’m a notorious “list maker.” Each year during that blissful week between Christmas and New Year's I assemble my list of “wishes and dreams” for the coming year. They must be written and I require myself to dream BIG. Attaching photos to illustrate the dream makes it that much better. Sometimes the goal is as simple “take a photo shop class so I can improve my skills”. A new dream for this year’s list is a trip to Giverny so I can experience the same light as Monet and Joan Mitchell, one of my most favorite abstract expressionists.

A little less dreamy goal for this New Year is “less social networking and more Rosetta Stone”. I know a handful of phrases in a half dozen different  languages. I really want to become fluent in a second language. So far, so good.

Un Abrazo (hugs)

-- Eileen

Eileen's mastery of color and abstract expression is noticeably visible in her new pieces that just arrived at the gallery - And while we can't imagine Eileen improving on her already incredible knack for color and light, if a trip to Giverny is in her future, then more power to her! 

Millpond, 36" by 36" on gallery wrap, $1200

These fresh compositions are perfect for introducing color into a room, or livening up a blank wall - decisions that can sometimes be rather intimidating! They also work well if you are looking to juxtapose an abstract painting with a more traditional piece. 



Petite Coquille, 30" by 30" on gallery wrap, $800
 “I saw this dreamy palette a few months ago in an issue of Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles, one of my most favorite shelter magazines. Cool lavender and grey with little pops of yellow and orange make a beautiful painting.”  - Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment